Community

Sangha Three

Sangha Three

One of the most attractive communities I’ve been privileged to be part of is the Yoga Sangha.
I had no idea when I started on my yoga path that this community is a human worldwide web. Not long after I completed my 10 week beginners’ course in Spring City, Pennsylvania, I moved to California and looked for my next class. […]

Sangha (Part Two)

Sangha (Part Two)

A little while back, I wrote about two of my communities, my two women’s groups.
Community has been a continuous and important theme in my life. There’s an old movie called “Witness” that is set in an Amish community in America. I saw that movie 4 times and probably could see it again – no, not just for the youngish Harrison Ford – but because of the way the people portrayed worked together so well. There’s a scene of a barn-raising in the movie that made me cry every time I saw it. […]

Good

As a newcomer to country living, I thought I should join in some community activities.
Last week I went along to “Windsong” a community choir that meets weekly in Wingham, a little town about 30 minutes from us.
Can I sing? Sort of. If my life depended on it.
I didn’t have an entirely happy experience last week. I had to concentrate so hard on looking at the sheet music for following the alto harmony that I’m not sure what I sounded like. […]

Sangha

Sangha

A blog is a discipline. I read somewhere that there are 184,000,000 blogs in the world. I would have thought there were even more. Most blogs die an early death, after just one month.
I’m pleased to say, I’ve been a blogger (please someone think of a better word) for four years. If success is rated in terms of readership, I’m probably still just muddling along, unlike Julie of “Julia and Julie”. […]