Midnorth Coast, NSW Teacher Training Course
During 2017-18, Eve has been part of the faculty of For the Love of Yoga Teacher Training, a year-long 350 hour course.
The training was developed by Megan Jones, senior teacher with Yoga Australia. This is a thorough and well-conceived course that emphasise the traditional aspects of yoga: chanting, kirtan, meditation, cleansing practices and pranayama. As well, trainees receive in-depth training in asanas–learning how to perform and teach them safely–and in anatomy and physiology.
Here are a few reasons for doing a teacher training from Cameron Cler at the Wanderlust site:
- You can deepen your physical practice – Yoga training programs bring students of all physical levels together to learn from each other’s different body types, injuries, flexibility levels, and strengths. You study and embody the correct alignment, modifications and benefits of each pose in detail.
- You will learn some skills – Once you have completed your training you will officially be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and access tips for starting your own studio, finding new students, and earning additional training hours. Becoming a yoga teacher offers the freedom of self employment as well as the flexibility of teaching both locally and internationally.
- You will find your yoga community – If there is one underrated benefit of YTT programs, it is the yoga family you will stay connected to. While delving deep into your own spiritual and physical practice, you are also supporting the journey of those around you and creating a support network.
- You will challenge yourself mentally and physically – “As a beginner your mind is in a million pieces and your body is whole. As a master your body is in a million pieces and your mind is whole”.
- You will explore your spirituality – Yoga serves to help quiet the mind and attune to our true selves. This awareness provides the means to live a more conscious lifestyle and focus on what matters most. While YTT is a very communal practice, one of the greatest benefits is the self-discovery and time to reflect as you approach life with a heightened sense of awareness.
- And, you will become a teacher: Once you have completed your YTT you will be a teacher with the power to develop your own unique teaching style that is authentic and mindful. As a teacher, you have the opportunity to give back not only to your students but also to those who may not have access to yoga.
The next For the Love of Yoga training will begin July 28th, 2018.