That’s pronounced Pah-lish, not Po-lish, like my surname.
On this perfectly wet post-solstice day, I retrieved my polished stones from the 4.5 week tumbling journey that they’ve been on.
Here’s the steps I took the stones through:
1. Picked pretty stones on beach
2. Took them home and washed them
3. Placed them in a rotary tumbler withcoarse silicon carbide grit
4. Turned on machine & tumbled for a week
5. Opened tumbler, washed grit, replaced with next finer grade of grit and ran for another week