Julie and I have been looking at the trees and vegetation of Saltwater National Park for green signs of rebirth. They’ve been hard to find: tufts of grasses, epiphyte-like growths, occasional new leaves. The enormous heat generated by this fire seems to have nuclear-blasted the paperbarks and grass trees. Some are burnt-out trunks with branches intact, still standing. Others resemble resinated black statues.
My Most Popular Posts
- Margaret Atwood: How Hot Do You Want It to Get? Here in Australia, impossible to ignore, there has been...
- The Trees: Climate Crisis Refugees Julie and I have been looking at the trees and vegetati...
- Yoga: Yes or No After Cataract Surgery? The Eyes Have It! A couple of years ago my optometrist...
- Swami Satyadharma Saraswati RIP I was privileged to meet Swami Satyadharma Saraswati wh...
- Ardha Chandrasana A friend and colleague of mine said that the standing p...