Do you feel like you have to start all over again when, from time to time, life gets in the way of your yoga practice? You know, those situations when…
- You go on a trip and there’s no room to put a mat down. (Maybe you completely forgot to pack your mat, like I did last week.
- You get a bad cold and imagine terrible things will happen in head-down-bum-up poses, i.e., downward-facing dog pose, headstand or shoulder stand.
- You pull a hamstring, tear a intercostal, or strain your sacroiliac joint.
- You have a late night. Or, an early morning.
- You had insomnia.
- You suffer from PMS, midlife crisis, or menopause.
- It’s your birthday, wedding anniversary, Easter, Christmas, or New Year’s.
What can you possible do to kickstart yourself? Same as always….
- You roll out your mat and sit or stand on it.
- Quiet your mind.
- Do what you can.
- If you worry about how much you can do, your mind probably isn’t quiet yet. So, go back to step 3.
- Then, to set the habit, do it all over tomorrow.