Okay, you might not be a woman or you’re not in this age bracket, but you know women, you have aunties or mums….So here’s a practice inspired by The Woman’s Book of Yoga by Linda Sparrowe and Patricia Walden. If you are a woman, the book is a must have!
Sequence for Perimenopause
- Supported Adho Mukha Svanasana – head on upright block (ropes, optional) 1 min. or more
- Prasarita Padottanasana – (cooling for hot flushes) with block or bolster 1 min.
- Uttanasana – head supported on bolster or block or chair 1 min.
- Niralamba Sarvangasana – blankets 18 inches from wall, feet on wall, arms along legs 2 to 5 min.
- Ardha Halasana – chair, bolster (for hot flushes/headaches) 2 to 5 min.
- Setu Bandhasana – blocks under heels on wall at hip height, and under sacrum 2 min. Or if this is too strong, two bolsters in a row, two belts for thighs and ankles
- Ujjayi pranayama – normal inhalation, ujjayi for slow exhalation 5min.
- Savasana – Spine supported, head supported 10 min.
- Meditation – 5 min.