On New Year’s Eve, yogis can show appreciation for Ganesha, as he is the god of all beginnings and endings. As well, he could be the perfect host for any of our end-of-year parties.
I’m finding my feet here with this brand-new blog, and I’m more than a little worried that my bare feet are going to leave big muddy tracks all over a clean white page. But, hey, isn’t that the definition of An Author. Which I am, BTW. […]
Selected Posts – Worth a look
Am also encouraged by recent findings that the body may cease aging when one is past 91. The study (reported in a 2016 New Scientist) by Michael Rose (a professor of evolutionary biology), says that if you are lucky enough to live that long, you stop ageing. He notes that one’s health may not improve but it certainly does not get any worse. Whilst that advice is far not mainstream, population statistics do show that ageing seems to stop at 93 – and does not speed up again until we get a telegram from Queen Elizabeth (the Last) at 100.
Thus, if one makes it to 99, you are no more likely to die at any given point than someone of 93. (From 110 plus may be a different matter but I’ll let you know). …
In the absence of internet information, I decided to create my own holistic way of dealing with my upcoming surgery.
I started talking with my friends to share my journey. The simple fact that I was willing to be open and vulnerable helped eliminate any residual shame.
I started keeping a journal in which I could collect information on hysterectomies, and more importantly, write down questions and feelings as they arose. …
My Most Popular Posts
- The Yoga Approach to Hysterectomy In the absence of internet information, I decided to cr...
- Old Yogini Considers Fountain of Youth
- The Art of Touch: Yoga Adjustments I've taught many different aspects of yoga, but I do...
- Finally, I Love Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand) I don't know exactly when the tide turned in favour of...
- Ardha Chandrasana A friend and colleague of mine said that the standing p...
- Old Yogini Considers Fountain of Youth October 16, 2018
- Healthy Hips: A Yoga Sequence for Strength and Flexibility October 8, 2018
- A Hard Rain is Always Lying in Ambush October 1, 2018
- The Art of Touch: Yoga Adjustments September 24, 2018
- Feeling Down? Adopt a Generosity Practice September 17, 2018