The New Blog
Recently I’ve been experiencing my ‘Yoga Suits Her’ blog as being a little tired and a little clumsy. There were clouds over the summer sunshine wanting to get through. To overhaul a big blog like mine was going to take time, effort and expertise. Thanks to the skilful web design of my husband Daniel, I can now offer you a clearer, simpler and more beautiful site.
With this post, I’m thrilled to present a new incarnation of the old ‘Yoga Suits Her’.
This site is not so old really, just 6 years, but many bloggers don’t go this distance. I’ve read that 60 per cent of blogs fade away after just one month.
At times I’ve felt the weight of writing regularly. For a period I wrote every day. Mostly I’ve continued to be inspired by writing. Because yoga intersects with all of my life, when I share with you from the Yoga Shed, my love of yoga deepens. Like doing my yoga practice, I can’t imagine not blogging.
Here are some of the brand new features of this site, starting from the top of the home page:
- The categories bar across the top of the screen. I have such a large body of work–over 1100 posts–I wanted to make it easier for you to get around. Have a look at the drop down menus as well as the categories.
- Menu bar. This will take you to the various pages on this site…a bit about me, our lifestyle on Mitchells Island, recommended books, class and workshop schedule, and more.
- ‘Search’ for anything you can think of yoga-wise. For instance, you could search for any one of Patanjali’s 196 sutras by plugging in chapter and number or the sanskrit words.
- Subscribe. If you haven’t yet subscribed to this blog, you might consider it. As a subscriber you’ll get an email letting you know when a new post is available, so you never have to miss out. If you are a subscriber and you love getting the posts, please suggest a subscription to any friends. It’s free!
- ‘Most popular posts’ and ‘recent posts’ are only a click away. And, there’s a link for ‘older posts’ at the bottom of the page.
- A carousel of interesting and lovely photos. Some of nature, some of yoga poses, some just for fun …. I see this feature as a space for you, too. If you wanted to, you could send me a photo or two of your studio or postures.
- And, a tag cloud. How is it possible to have anything related to technology without relating it to a cloud or The Cloud? The words and phrases in my tag cloud are from posts over the last 6 years. The larger the word, the more times it’s appeared. You click on a word or phrase to see posts in which they have appeared.
My computer guru tells me that this new manifestation of ‘Yoga Suits Her’ is a work in progress. So please let us know what you think. Also, if you come across something that doesn’t work, or needs correcting, let us know.
Speaking of clouds. When the clouds clear…
…there’s the natural mind.
I’ve just come off a week of mindfulness meditation combined with yoga practice, taught in collaboration with Michael Hollingworth. I’m newly reminded what a terrific combination meditation and yoga are.
What do meditation, clouds and the open sky have to do with each other?
The meditation teacher, Joan Baryshenko, describes the metaphor poetically:
You can relax and notice how clouds float through the clear blue sky of your natural mind. The sky is spacious. It doesn’t try to hold onto the clouds. And even if a storm cloud passes through, the sky in which it floats remains peaceful. That’s the attitude of spaciousness…. Meditation is about making the shift from identifying with the changing clouds to resting in the spacious sky out of which they come and into which they fade away again. The sky is pure Being, the experience of Now. When you’re there, you’re in your center.
My 2016 wish for you is that you experience ease in living, happiness, well-being and many clear days. Hopefully, ‘Yoga Suits Her’ will contribute to you in having a fulfilling year.